- Les Freres Smith: Contreband Mentality
- Nawal: Embrace the Spirit
- Tribeqa: Qolors
- Boban & Marko Marcovic Orchestra vs. Fanfare Ciocarlia: Balkan Brass Battle
- March Fourth Marching Band: Magnificent Beast
- Te Vaka: Havili
- Vagabond Opera: Sing for Your Lives!
- Nation Beat: Growing Stone
- The Mickey Hart Collection*
- Cankisou: Fayt
Some fantastic stuff on this month's chart. So fantastic that it was able to knock such wonders as Kiran Ahluwalia's new Aam Zameen: Common Ground (with Tinariwen and Terakaft). I mean, that takes a lot! New M4 brass mayhem at #5 on our chart this month, and be sure to check out the amazing Afropean jazz-funk-hiphop stylings of Tribeqa (#3), a band new to me but sure to be in my ears for some time to come.
* Okay, this is kind of a cheat. The collection is really 25 separate albums being re-released by Smithsonian Folkways, and they feature Hart in quite a variety of roles. But it's significant enough to global music fans that it deserves a place on the chart. We'll select a track from one of the 25 albums to represent the whole collection on the 21 October edition of Spin The Globe, but know that you should browse through the whole amazing collection.